May 1, 2010

What is claustrophobia! | Tunnel Fears



Folks, I am afraid of tunnels now. So maybe I have this what we called Claustrophobia.

As wiki said : this is typically thought to have two key symptoms: fear of restriction and fear of suffocation. A typical claustrophobic will fear restriction in at least one, if not several, of the following areas: small rooms, locked rooms, cars, tunnels, cellars, elevators, subway trains, caves, and crowded areas. Additionally, the fear of restriction can cause some claustrophobics to fear trivial matters such as sitting in a barber’s chair or waiting in line at a grocery store simply out of a fear of confinement to a single space. However, claustrophobics are not necessarily afraid of these areas themselves, but, rather, they fear what could happen to them should they become confined to an area. Often, when confined to an area, claustrophobics begin to fear suffocation, believing that there may be a lack of air in the area to which they are confined. Any combination of the above symptoms can lead to severe panic attacks. However, most claustrophobics do everything in their power to avoid these situations.

I am trying now to conquer my fear. I tried to close my eyes when passing in a tunnel , I feel a bit relaxed but still in my mind that I am in a tunnel. Lol.

3 comments:

shydub said...

Okay ra bya ang tunnel but its a bit scary ug arang taasa. makaparanoid sd.

Rechie said...

kong kusog padagan ang sakyanan sis mkahadlok cguro...thanks for sharing about this fear sis....

Dhemz said...

ayay...hahaha...mahadlok diay ka ug tunnel sis? ako mahadlok ko ug heights...ehhehehe....ok lang sako ang tunnel sis....heheehe!