January 14, 2012

Dreaming of Owning a Property in Fethiye, Turkey


For many Americans, Turkey is not such a popular place to visit. Statistics could attest to this fact, because back in 2006, Turkey’s Ministry of Tourism reported that out of the 20 million tourists who visited Turkey in the past years, only 2% came from America.

As for me, I would love to visit Turkey someday soon. I heard that it’s much cheaper to travel to Turkey compared to other European countries. Aside from that, I would love to try the world-renowned Turkish bath. I have heard quite a lot about these baths, and while there are local spas that offer it, I believe that the experience would be different if I tried it straight from its country of origin.

I have seen so many awesome pictures of Turkey that I’m afraid if I go there, I might find myself scouting for properties in Fethiye. I read somewhere that properties in that area are quite affordable and most have swimming pools within the property. The place itself, Fethiye, is just under an hour away from the airport, so it’s really accessible.

I think that owning real estate property in another country is a wise move. At least when you have your own property, you wouldn’t have to book yourself in a hotel or look for transient houses. You’d have a place you can call your own. You can even rent it out to transients, so it can be a lucrative source of income for you. If you asked me, this is just what I might do if I had a property there.

No comments: