June 22, 2009

Getting New Passport

For all who lives here in Philippines here are the guidelines in getting New Passport in DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs). I've been there last week i submitted papers and now i am waiting for the delivery.

Steps On How To Apply For A New Passport/Requirements:

1.) You must be there at the DFA early morning.
2.) Must bring passport size Photo I.D (blue background), I myself took picture there at the DFA because they are strict with the quality of the photo. Be sure it's very clear and the background is really blue.
3.) Bring your Birth Certificate (Make xerox copy on it)
4.) For Marriage: Also bring your Marriage Certificate from NSO
5.) Bring 2 Valid I.D's (Me i presented my Driver's License and Company I.D)
6.) NBI Clearance
7.) Be sure to bring your own Ballpen
8.) Payment for Rush Passport is Php 750.00 (This is for 8 working days of process)
9.) Payment for Ordinary Processing Php 500.00 (This is for 17 working days process)
10.) Pyament of 100.00 if you want your passport deliver to you door to door. I avail this services than going back there to pick up my passport.

For those who are married with Foreigner like me, be sure to have C.F.O Certificate with you before you apply for a passport. DFA will not honor your application unless you will present your C.F.O Certificate. At first i am not aware of this so while i was in DFA that day i also took my seminar and one on one counseling at the C.F.O office in Taft Manila.

For Procedures: You will just fall in line there at the DFA with their staff are guiding you through till you finished the application. Just don't hesitate to ask if you need help. They are very approachable and willing to assists anytime.

So far this steps are what i've experienced last week. So hope this can help for those who are new in getting passport like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nbi clearance??i think it's not needed..