April 14, 2012

Escape to Paphos

Has it ever crossed your mind how it would be like to travel to a place rich in culture, tradition, and characters that are atypical of what you’re used to? Perhaps it has, and I must admit that the thought have barged into my thoughts not once but many times already. Actually, traveling to far areas and exploring what these places have to offer me is something that I’ve always dreamed of, which makes me someone who is wanderlust, I suppose. It’s just that dreaming of wondrous cities and countries is something that’s always been second nature to me.

Given the chance, I would like to take advantage of holidays to paphos. If you haven’t heard about it, it’s a coastal city southwest of Cyprus. I’m sure you remember your Greek mythology class back in high school – Greek gods and goddesses, Grecian cities, Aphrodite, and even Grecian-inspired clothing. I’ve seen pictures of Paphos at several websites, and I’d have to say that its crystal-clear waters and awesome seaports literally astounded me.

Aside from that, I did some homework and found out that Paphos is referred to as “the home of Aphrodite,” because it was from the sea of Paphos where the famed Greek goddess is said to have emerged. While the city lost its reputation and position as a major port during the British rule, it is slowly rising from slump and has evolved as a primary center for tourists. Now, you’ll see dams and proper roads in the place. Moreover, hotels, restaurants, and luxury villas were built and developed to make the place more attractive to tourists.

All these only make me more resolved to visit the place soon. In fact, I am already envisioning myself strolling along the coastal waters deep in the night with only the glittering lights coming from sailing ships, docks, and houses shining light on the path I’m treading.

2 comments:

peregrine said...

I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.

Ms. Journ said...

Thank you for dropping by...Keep checking..